How To: Leave Facebook Groups and Elevate your Business
I just did something mindbogglingly adventurous, a little sad, and to be honest a lot uncomfortable! Leaving comfort zones - especially when you base jump spontaneously out of said comfort zones without too much thought (because you know you'll change your mind)- is always an experience.
What did I do?
I LEFT a ton of Facebook business groups- groups I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of! Groups that made me laugh and cry and even sometimes helped me find clients!
So why did I leave?
When you’re trying to take massive, bold, fearless, faithful action to uplevel and elevate your shit- you have to do things that get you out of your routine!
As much as I enjoyed these groups there was a lot to be desired:
1. the honest truth is they were a GIANT distraction. I could have gone on, business as usual in some of those hamster wheels forever. It was hard to leave, but necessary. I don’t want to be in a hamster wheel- I don’t want a cycle of same old, same old. I’m destined for more!
2. A lot of these groups have become a breeding ground for the bottom feeding and desperate to look for leads and there are so many of them fishing and preying on the uninformed that it’s just a glorified mess calling itself networking.
In short: THIS lady, right here, is raising her mf-ing vibration into uncharted territory with uncapped growth potential- and that vibration -in those groups- pan handling- just ain’t it!
3. These groups weren’t designed to promote the members, but the facilitators of each group! So to promote oneself you have to be in this grey not promoting but still super involved and kinda promoting space and if we’re being really honest- it's never well received!
4. I don’t want to be in places where I feel like I need to beg for attention, that I'm overlooked because I don't fit into one of two extremes: a super huge seven figure success story with tens of thousands of email subscribes OR because my pricing isn't $0. UMMM VALUE! I HAVE LOTS OF FUCKING VALUABLE THINGS TO SAY AND A DECADE OF EXPERIENCE. Literally not one of these two parties cares what you have to say, what you offer, what you bring to the table and most of them will take it and regurgitate it into their own content to make themselves look better.
5. I’m all for giving, but I want to do it on my terms and I’m over giving quadruple the amount I’m getting back, and let's not even discuss the frustration, the competition, the weirdness of it all.
6. It's about 20% promotion and looking for leads and 80% other non work related BS. Fun BS that's easy to get sucked into, cool games, or personal advice columns, name my baby, identify this rash, but uhhh you're working, right?
Sometimes cutting cords of comfort is necessary. There was lots of fear that held me back from leaving these groups weeks ago when I first intuitively felt a call to change! I was all
“how will I ever find leads if I leave” ,
“how will I grow my social media following and make business buddies”
“what if I miss a job opportunity?”
"HOW TF will I do this all ALONE?" --- dramatic much?
I couldn’t see or think of any other way to do these things besides the way that had haphazardly worked for me in the past, and that’s how I KNEW I had to go and have faith that the something more and something new would find me!
Because what if letting go of this low vibration of desperate businesses, link dropping threads, and literally thousands of owners clambering for attention allows something MUCH better, consistent, and business enhancing to take its place?
What if leaving these groups freed up time in my schedule and allowed me to concentrate on new opportunities, spend a lot more time focused and in the flow of my new vibration instead of pulled back to frequencies of lack and doubt?
What if my faith that something MAJOR is happening lifts my vibration so high that I’m finally brave enough to cut the cord once and for all on my dependence for Facebook groups and that new vibration attracts dozens of new clients + opportunities?!
OKAY! Now, I'm all YASSSS. What's facebook?
Being a six or seven figure coach means upscale marketing. Do you know why those coaches aren’t pan handling in fb groups? Because they’re busy! Busy running paid ads, and busy with clients who can afford to hire them which is (on average) not the same demographic hanging out in a business fb group trying to get all the advice and guidance they can for free.
It feels a lot like I’ve cut the umbilical cord to networking and business conversations, but it also feels like I’ve taken back so much more control!
Again, my humans- my dear, loving, amazing humans- the fearless yet frustrated lady bosses that I so passionately want to serve and guide aren’t usually brand new business owners, they have a budget, which means they too are not usually hanging out on fb groups! I’ve learned this from experience!
This doesn’t mean all fb business groups are evil, or even bad for your business. I didn’t leave every single group I was a part of. I just left the ones that were doing me the most harm by either distracting me from what I really needed to focus on, or had me promo barking up the wrong tree, at the wrong vibration, with the wrong mindset for true consistent and sustainable growth!
Sometimes we convince ourselves that the potential for opportunity is more valuable than it really is. Or that the potential for opportunity is somehow more precious than opportunity itself. Would you hang out in a hair salon every day talking babies, pregnancy, sharing amazon products, taco recipes ..FOR MONTHS - waiting for the right opportunity to pitch your (non hair or beauty related) business to someone who really needs it? See, that sounds crazy! Because it feking is!!! And yet so many of us (maybe not to this extreme) are ultimately screwing ourselves in this exact same way on Facebook!
Put your efforts where the numbers really matter, and you have the most control! Your own group would be a great place to start, or somewhere other than Facebook entirely. A membership, a course, YouTube- something you can monetize and measure progress from!
I get the allure of Facebook- I really do. I may or may not be still pretty sad about leaving some of it. There’s so much potential there to cross paths with new people every single moment with so many available active users each day, but the song and dance isn’t required. The singers and dancers actually need not apply.
All you need to do is decide you’re leveling the fuck up and then show up however you feel inspired to! You don’t need to go looking, or searching, or desperately pitching anything- unless you feel called to do so. It also matters if you’re doing so out of a place of fear, lack , desperation and need for validation OR if you’re working in the flow of high vibration abundance and confidence to deliver your natural gifts to your humans. Because hint: when you work with those energies and vibes the people at similar energy or those aspiring to be at your energy will seek you out, like a moth to a flame, and you don’t have to do much looking at all.
I guess you can consider this your motivational speech for leaving bad habits and old cycles to uplevel your success TODAY! If Facebook is getting in the way of you doing that maybe it's time to purge some groups like I did. Maybe it's time for a new mindset or strategy, or maybe it's something else entirely. You have all the control, and now it's time to claim it and use it! The best thing to do is to really practice self awareness and being in touch and in tune with how you feel when you're doing anything online with business and what is actually motivating you to take action! Be careful with your time, your thoughts and your intentions.